Why Choose Us?
While the firm is a highly professional City based law firm dealing with almost every issue encountered in the LGBT community, both in daily life or in business, we take a no-nonsense approach to the law.
We do not use unnecessary or complicated legal jargon with clients, but provide smart professional legal advice that can be understood. Every stage is taken at your own pace. We have a wealth of experience in gay rights because our staff come from a variety of backgrounds with varying levels of education and experience.
We consider ourselves a truly gay friendly law firm with approachable solicitors dealing with LGBT issues and gay law with transparent billing procedures. In essence, we’re not your typical lawyers.
We are active in the Gay Community
We are members of the Gay Business Association and ‘Lawyers for your Business’- we support the Albert Kennedy Trust supporting homeless gay youths, we are recommended by Pink Weddings and Pink Approved and members of Jake and other networking communities. We were official sponsors of the Gay Wedding Shows 2010 and the Civil Partnership Designer show in London 2011 and gave speeches at the Alternative Families show where we will be again this year.
We give regular seminar's on fertility law and will shortly be publishing a book on surrogacy in partnership with the British Surrogacy Centre and G3, Square Peg.
Editorials have been published about the firm in 3Sixty, Attitude, Out in the City, Gay Times, Gay Time Out and we are the top law firm recommended in London Attitude's legal directory. We appear top of the list in Stonewalls and our testimonials vouch for our business capabilities in gay law.
To support the gay business community, we provide a free consultation with our LGBT client manager on all gay law issues and gay rights
In short, we handle all types of contentious matters:
- Sexual Orientation or Disability (due to HIV status) Discrimination at work;
- Related unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal or harassment
- Same sex marriage -Civil Partnership Dissolution proceedings and Cohabite separations and disputes;
- Breach of Confidentiality – revealing HIV or other medical status
- Breach of Equality Act
- Landlord and Tenant disputes; harassment and victimisation due to sexual orientation; Non-molestation and Occupational orders and Injunctions
- Same sex marriage agreements: Civil Partnership or Cohabitation agreements or Deeds of Trust;
- Drafting diversity, confidentiality & other relevant employment policies
- Wills including civil partners and legacies to charitable organisations
- Parental responsibilities, adoption and other relative child proceedings
- Providing advice to start-up businesses.
Your point of contact
Due to the high demand of this niche service, and returning LGBT clients we have an appointed Client Manager, Mr Andrew Spearman, to assist the community in getting quick and cost effective legal advice. If you have any queries about any legal issue, he is the first point of contact to deal with any urgent problems that you may have. Alternatively, Mr Masefield who will be happy to help.
A Truly Gay Friendly Law Firm handling gay law , gay rights and all relevant LGBT legal issues specifically for gay people.