ACLF PARTNER WITH SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY
Getting your business investment ready
Wednesday 2 December, 1100-1200
You only get one chance to make a pitch for investment.
Understand the practical steps to get your business investment ready and see how the Beauhurst database can help you find potential investors.
About this event
If you want to grow your business through investment then join us for this session looking at how to make sure you’re ready to make your pitch – you only get one chance to impress!
At the end of this session you will have:
- An understanding of everything you need to get in order to make a successful pitch
- An insight into how the Beauhurst database can help you identify potential investors
Karen Holden from A City Law Firm will talk about the practical things you need to have in place before pitching such as your company structure and policies and registering your IP.
City Business Library has a wealth of information to help you get ready to pitch and find potential investors. Business adviser Esther Greenwood will demonstrate how you can generate a tailored list of potential investors using Beauhurst, a database specialising in funders in the tech sector. Beauhurst also enables you to conduct due diligence as it shows a company’s credit score and financials, their transaction history, key employees, shareholders and directors.
Please ask your question here and register:
Karen Holden Cantab MPhil
Solicitor and Founder of A City Law Firm
Karen Holden is the founder of A City Law Firm, which is a Legal 500 law firm that has won awards for its innovation and entrepreneurial approach to its clients.
She is an entrepreneur having developed a thriving corporate firm from scratch securing its place firmly in the City. She acts for hundreds of businesses small and large, UK and overseas, who are starting out as well as those who are very established.
She helps them prepare for investment , sale or mergers as well as growth. Her advise is practical , proactive and is always provided with ongoing support .
She thinks outside the box, delivers commercial and legal advice, whilst delivering at competitive costs and we will always try to offer fixed of monthly costs. Karen was recently invited to receive Freedom of the City of London.
Contact her: email@example.com
Karen will then cover the legal aspects that need to be considered
• Get you business ready for investment, being prepared is everything;
• Understand the due diligence process during an investment round, be ready for the tough questions;
• What should a pitch deck look like , what should you include;
• What questions should you be asking investors, and what documents will you need to provide;
• What are the legal risks and terms to watch out for when securing investment;
• If growing without investment , what challenges may you face legally, how can we help?