Experts Webinar available now: keeping employees motivated & planning
for the future post-covid-19
A City Law Firm partners with Corinthian Benefits Consulting Limited. Corporate & Benefit Advisors and Legal Experts help you plan for your business, its employees and their combined future success
Why motivating staff now is ever more important
Natasha Newby DipPFS
Senior Employee Benefits Consultant
Corinthian Benefits Consulting Limited
Natasha has been in the industry for over 20 years and been providing advice to companies, and members of predominantly DC schemes for the last 15 years. Since joining Corinthian in 2018, Natasha has worked closely with SMEs and their employees, and has also introduced new clients to the Corinthian portfolio.
Natasha is responsible for Corinthian’s social marketing and is part of the proposition team for change and transformation. Her role is help companies save money , understand the benefits offering staff incentives, ensure the terms afforded mirror the employer’s needs and keep everyone productive and motivated.
Karen Holden Cantab MPhil
Karen is a commercial and employment solicitor , as well as business owner and entrepreneur. She set up the practice , which is now a leading Legal 500 practice, and understands the importance of retaining talent and motivating a team . She offers advice to start-up and established businesses alike and planning for their future is ever more important at this time. She assists companies offering advice in employment law ; GDPR; technology and getting businesses ready for scaling up or taking in investment. As such keep talent , reducing recruitment costs and claims and motivating teams to be productive and cost efficient is a prevalent factor at present.
She offers commercial , practical as well as sound legal advice sharing her experiences to help client’s reach their goals.
Contact her: email@example.com
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- What would we recommend a business do now and in the short to long term to understand , plan and reduce the businesses overheads. Does it have the best benefit package in place or could these costs be improved? Do they shout out about these benefits to attract and retain staff to reduce recruitment costs and retraining.
After furlough / returning back to the workplace / the new normal : What considerations should an employer consider and plan for.
- We will cover motivating / retaining and integrating employees – private health care to avoid prolonged time off work
- Commercial opportunities v redundancies
- Risk assessment and plans for safety and motivation
- What can you do now to keep staff committed from home
Reducing staff or costs without damaging your brand , goodwill or long-term relationships?
- Explore terms that can be amended or added for protection
- How you act now could have a longer-term impact on how staff and clients perceive the business
- Promote what you are doing and why , communicate and preserve relationships
Topics we are covering
How and why would an employer offer costly benefits to staff, right now?
- There are free benefits that employers can offer to help their staff right now and this will go a long way
- You may have benefits staff don’t even know are there as you have not truly promoted these
- Bolt on’s to benefit you might not even know about- such as free counselling line if staff are feeling isolated at home for example
- If staff are considering a move a benefit package is a great incentive to stay – shows your commitment to them – saves recruitment costs
- Sick leave , waiting for medical appointments will be longer than ever – private care means they are back to work quicker
Is sending a bottle of wine through the post a good idea?
- Flexible working policies , negotiations are going to be necessary , especially for those with child care issues
- Communication is key so everyone understands the position for the them and the business
- Treat those at home with commitment as well as those that return as they both need to be productive
- If one is given flexible arrangements for travelling into work, the other might need this at home for child care talk!
- Sending a bottle through the post , as a thank you, setting up social virtual touch ins and socials every bit you do as an employer keeps the team motivated