Structuring your business for successful growth
Scaling up and/or making sure you have everything ready for investment
Partner – Mensies LLP
Stephen is a business tax partner at Menzies and head of the firm’s Technology sector group. He was involved in launching the firm’s initiative focusing on high growth companies in the Silicon Roundabout area of London. Stephen has been advising owner-managed businesses and international groups on their tax affairs for over 10 years. In addition to assisting companies with their tax compliance matters and managing the risk that this entails, he enjoys providing practical and efficient guidance to his clients on their tax strategies.
Topics Covered by Stephen
Debt versus equity funding
• Key differences
• Flexibility of debt funding for founders
• External investors
Use of EIS
• Benefits available
• Can founders benefit?
• Complexity of rules – from investment to exit
Maximising other tax reliefs and opportunities
• Research and development tax relief – generate cash credits from the government
• Retain employees with EMI equity option schemes
Karen Holden Cantab MPhil
Solicitor and Founder of A City Law Firm
Karen Holden is the founder of A City Law Firm, which is a Legal 500 law firm that has won awards for its innovation and entrepreneurial approach to its clients.
She is an entrepreneur having developed a thriving corporate firm from scratch securing its place firmly in the City. She acts for hundreds of businesses small and large, UK and overseas, who are starting out as well as those who are very established.
She helps them prepare for investment , sale or mergers as well as growth. Her advise is practical , proactive and is always provided with ongoing support .
She thinks outside the box, delivers commercial and legal advice, whilst delivering at competitive costs and we will always try to offer fixed of monthly costs. Karen was recently invited to receive Freedom of the City of London.
Contact her: email@example.com
Karen will then cover the legal aspects that need to be considered
• Get you business ready for investment, being prepared is everything;
• Understand the due diligence process during an investment round, be ready for the tough questions;
• What should a pitch deck look like , what should you include;
• What questions should you be asking investors, and what documents will you need to provide;
• What are the legal risks and terms to watch out for when securing investment;
• If growing without investment , what challenges may you face legally, how can we help?
COVID-19 : Resilience £150 Package
Please ask your question here and register: