Why chose us:
- Fixed and competitive fees
- A friendly supportive team who are commercially savvy
- Only qualified solicitors working on your matters
- Years of experience
- A team committed and passionate to achieve your goals
START UP LEGAL PACK
£2000* (essential) £3000* (premium) subject to terms, third party costs & applicable VAT
We have worked closely with many businesses and know what they need – clear advice and transparent costs. Having been there ourselves, we can anticipate and prepare for the mistakes and bumps ahead so you can avoid them. Our lawyers have extensive knowledge of advising start ups or scale ups, those seeking investment or tax structuring and supporting these progressive businesses grow. Winner of the Most Innovative Law Firm, London 2016, and Best Business Start-up Law Firm 2017, we go on the journey with you and fully support all your commercial needs
Raising capital, choosing potential investors
[ebor_tabs type="accordion"] [ebor_tab title="Why Us?"]This is a challenging experience for any new business so let us guide you through the process along with other key advisors. Our knowledge and experience within this area means that you are provided with the necessary advice and strategies to optimise your business. This ranges from helping you carry out the due diligence, an investor will so you are prepared for their questions, we will help prepare your legal documents and address any questions the investor has.[/ebor_tab] [ebor_tab title="Our Services"]
- Preparing your business for investment - including re-structuring your company and issue of new shares, securing your IP and making sure your documents are in order;
- Advice on due diligence in terms of what you should be asking/checking on the investor and also what to expect them to ask of you;
- Assistance with disclosure, including preparing your disclosure letter whilst protecting your confidential information;
- Drafting your Investors Agreement and any accompanying documentation;
- Negotiating your Investors Agreement;
- Preparing all necessary company resolutions and filings;
- Making sure you get sound tax advice at the correct stages;
We understand the concerns you will have, the anxiety of giving up control versus the excitement and need for cashflow and expansion monies. We are proactive but will keep your feet on the ground to protect you.
Services for Businesses and Entrepreneurs
[ebor_tabs type="accordion"] [ebor_tab title="Initial Consultation"] Our free initial no-obligation consultation will provide you with bespoke legal advice and essential information for your business. We are renowned for giving straightforward legal advice in plain English and for simplifying complex issues. We will give you practical, no-nonsense advice based on our many years of experience in business and in advising business owners and entrepreneurs. [/ebor_tab] [ebor_tab title="Company Information"]Getting your business structure correct is fundamental to setting up your business. In most circumstances we would recommend that you set up a company. We are also able to assist you if you want to set up an alternative structure including a social enterprise company or charity. It is crucial that registration and incorporation are carried out properly with Companies House as often we are involved too late and it costs time and money resolving these issues instead of focusing attention on developing the business. Our experience in this area ensures that the process runs as easily and smoothly as possible. [/ebor_tab][ebor_tab title="Founders"] We appreciate the complexities facing founders and work closely with you to protect your interest in the business. Our Services include:
1. Comprehensive Shareholders, Joint Venture or Investment agreements;
2. Tailored Articles of Association;
3. Directors service agreements;
4. Protection for your intellectual property;
5.Private Client Estate Planning including Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney;
6. Terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements and much more. [/ebor_tab] [ebor_tab title="Shareholder Agreements"] Shareholders agreements are essential to govern the relationship between the members of the Company. A well drafted shareholders agreement can save you time and money should a dispute arise in the future. They should cover possible future sale of the business, a shareholder’s death or incapacity or poor performance (whether assets or shares) and an agreed method for the valuation of the business and the shares. It is also a key document should you wish to attract an investor and shows a serious business structure. [/ebor_tab] [ebor_tab title="Joint Venture Agreements"] A properly drafted agreement is essential to making any new relationship or joint venture work. We will assist you from the negotiation stage, to drafting heads of terms to the finalisation of the joint venture project agreement, sponsorship or association contract. [/ebor_tab] [/ebor_tabs]
Get it right and avoid the headaches!
Intellectual Property (IP)
[ebor_tabs type="accordion"] [ebor_tab title="Why Us?"] We provide a "one-stop shop" so if your intellectual property needs. If you would like advice on protecting your business brand and trademark registration, please do not hesitate to contact us! [/ebor_tab] [ebor_tab title="Passing Off Your IP"] Immediately, upon knowledge of someone using your logo, name or slogan you should act. We would first check that they are infringing your mark by trading in a class which has been secured by your registration and in the terrority registered. Correspondence would be sent immediately to warn them of their infringement and serve notice to immediately cease and seek to resolve the matter with us amicably. If a settlement cannot be reached then an urgent injunction followed by a claim for damages can be issued. This will seek to have them remove the trademark from their website, paperwork and offices, notify clients immediately of this change and provide information we request to assess any losses or damages this infringement may of caused you.
After assessing your losses, such as diverted business, we would seek to recover this, if not by settlement, through a County or High Court Claim. We have experience of resolving this issues amicably and in a cost efficient manner, but for those that cannot be resolved, our litigation team have a proven track record of conducting successful litigation in this specialist area.
What is in a name? Quite a bit as it happens! Whether you are operating your business as a sole trader, partnership, LLP or limited company you will have given it a name and may well have developed a logo or slogan, which together will be used to distinguish your business from your competitors. [/ebor_tab][ebor_tab title="Trademark and Copyright Protection"] A considerable amount of time and money can be spent creating your brand identity and developing the right name and “look” for your business. It would be frustrating to say the least for a third party to then come out of the woodwork to tell you that they already use that name and/or object to your use of the same. If that were to happen it could be a costly exercise to rectify the position. For example, there would be: the costs of settlement including any compensation and the legal costs incurred in reaching a settlement; the loss arising from the possibility of shredding all materials that contained the third party’s business name/logo; the costs of developing a new brand and new print materials.
To minimise the risk of incurring such costs consider taking the following action:
Investigation: Is the name available or has someone else got there first?
Trademark Registration for your name, logo and/or slogan
Keep a watch, through our trademark watching service, to ensure no one uses your brand
Take action if anyone seeks to copy your IP
If necessary we can assist, settle or litigate to protect any trademark issues [/ebor_tab] [/ebor_tabs]
we're here to help
Please feel free to call or email us. Our legally trained Client Management Team are always on hand to address your questions or concerns and provide immediate quotes.
We are happy to arrange meetings out of hours if booked in advance or Skype or telephone conferences.
We also now offer online video conferencing using 121with where you can log in to their platform, and connect with us for an online face to face and you can "pay as you go", for more information click here
A City Law Firm
64 Clifton Street, London EC2A 4HB
Tel: 020 7426 0382
Fax: 020 7377 8934
Croydon Division: 73 Park Lane, Croydon, CR0 1JG