Our range of experience in Company Law and Commercial Law
Our team of commercial lawyers are well equipped to help in all your commercial and company law needs. We can assist with drafting and advising on a broad range of agreements that you may encounter or need during the lifetime of your business.
Along with our commercially sensitive legal advice, we also provide an extremely personable service to support your business and its requirements.
We handle a number of start-up businesses as well as servicing larger and more established companies.
What company law and business law services do we offer?
We can assist you with everything from simple company formations to complex company restructuring.
Contract Law – Commercial Documents
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial documents;
- Negotiating and drafting franchise agreements, joint venture project agreements, sponsorship and association contracts.
Protecting your assets and rights
- Assisting in protecting your ideas, logo, company name and goodwill: for example, by registering your trademarks and other intellectual property at the Intellectual Property Office under the Trademarks Act 1994, or drafting Confidentiality Agreements so that potential business ideas or deals are not poached by the competition; and,
- Preventing others using your logo or company name.
Sales and purchases of shares or the business
- Dealing with due diligence;
- Advising companies taking on investment, including drafting subscription agreements, shareholder agreements and dealing with disclosure;
- Business and share sales and acquisitions;
- Buying, renewing or assigning a franchise.
Business procedures and cash flow
- Helping with credit-control and debt collection;
- Assisting in resolving any commercial disputes;
- Preparing/negotiating Loan Agreements;
- Advising on bank security documentation, e.g. Personal guarantees and/or charges required by a bank as security for banking facilities provided; and
- General company law advice/secretarial administration and corporate governance, e.g. Preparing/advising on board minutes, notices, resolutions; share issues/allotments etc.
Dissolving the Business
- Advising on the best route to follow when dissolving or re-structuring in accordance with the Insolvency Act 1986.
See our employment sections for EMI options and other employer work, which we will also undertake on your behalf.
Our commercial lawyers appreciate the value of clear concise legal advice when running a business enabling you to focus on the core elements of your business, rather than dealing with legal jargon. We take time to understand our clients’ businesses so that we can work with you to achieve your goals and ensure that we offer the advice and solutions that best fit your requirements.
We offer fixed fees and agreed retainers to suit all budgets and requirements.