.At A City Law Firm, we are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it so that we can resolve the problem and continually improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please in the first instance contact your lawyer or if you are not satisfied then please contact the Managing Director or they can be contacted by email or write to us at our listed address.
All complaints must set out the grounds and basis of their complaint, in sufficient detail for the firm to investigate. It must be clear when and where the perceived issue arose. Any applicable evidence, timeline or details in your possession should be attached in order to facilitate a swift investigation.
What will happen next?
- Within three days of receiving your complaint we will send you a letter acknowledging receipt. We will provide details of who will be dealing with your complaint, and when you can expect to have a response. It may be necessary at this stage to ask you for more information, or to invite you to meet with us to discuss your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and will investigate your complaint by reviewing the relevant file and the issues you raise. The member of staff who acted for you may be required to provide further details.
- We will then provide you with a detailed written response to your complaint, this may include our suggestions for resolving the matter. We will aim to do this within five days of acknowledging your letter. If your complaint is very detailed, or your matter has been very complex, it may take us longer to complete a review and to respond to you, but we will keep you advised if this is the case. Once again, it may be necessary to ask you to come in and meet with us in order to discuss your complaint before we are able to respond fully.
- Within three days of any meeting we have with you we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions we have agreed with you.
- At this stage if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 14 days.
- We will then write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman (contact details below) to consider the complaint. Normally you will need to bring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint:
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333
NGT Lite users: 18001 0300 555 0333
Minicom text phone user: 18002 0300 555 0333
If you are concerned about your solicitor’s behaviour you can report them to the SRA. We deal with cases where firms or those we regulate have breached the SRA Principles. Most of the time, complaints about solicitors are about poor service, and therefore should be sent to the Legal Ombudsman. If the Legal Ombudsman thinks your case involves a breach of our Principles, they will refer your case to us. Full information here https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/
199 Wharfside Street
DX 720293 BIRMINGHAM 47
- A City Law Firm Ltd
64 Clifton Street
London EC2A 4HB